Module 10 First Aid Training, Sat 9th June
9th June 2018, 9:00 - 16:00
Module 10 First Aid training
This course covers the requirements for Module 10 and those needing to refresh their First Aid onlgoing learning. Topics covered includes;
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRAB, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
- Anaphylaxis (use of Epi pen)
- Spinal injury
It is also suitable for Young Leaders, via the District Explorer Scout Commissioner for Young Leaders.
The course is very practical, with participants taking turn to react as first aiders, dealing with casualties in Scout-like scenarios inside and out.
Venue: District Scout HQ, Jubilee Rise, Seal, Sevenoaks, TN15 0BH
Dress code: Non-uniform, warm comfortable activity clothing.
Preparation: none required, although please bring your scouting first aid manual if your are refreshing learning.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Lunch: Please bring your own packed lunch
Course delivered by: County Training Team.
Please advise your Training Advisor or LTM of your plan to attend as this system does not advise them.
Booking should be open by the end of today (02/06/2018) on the Kent Scouts Website - training
Note that by applying online you do not need to complete the official Kent Scouts Training Request Application Form.
While this course is provided free to learners, there is a cost to providing it in terms of time and money. If for any reason you cannot attend please find someone to take your place.